We are your small town roofer! JB Roofing has been happily serving small towns around Kalona, Iowa since 2004. We are a roofing contractor with over twenty years of experience. Our services include a broad range of asphalt shingle and metal roofing applications, as well as tear-off and re-roofing procedures.
From new construction roofing to extensive repair and replacement, we do it all and do it well. No matter the size and scope of your project, JB Roofing is up to the task! Our rates are reasonable, and the quality of our workmanship is unmatched!
Need guidance with storm damage insurance claims? JB Roofing is willing and able to help!
Asphalt shingles set the standard for cost-effective and fully waterproof roofing materials. Composed of a fiberglass base layer and asphalt filler, they are commonly packaged and shipped in bundles, allowing for easy installation. They are a simple, efficient, and highly durable solution.
More expensive than shingle, metal roofing also lasts longer. It’s a substantial investment early on but pays for itself in the long run. Metal is also an excellent heat insulator, estimated to reduce energy costs by 15% in winter and 40% in summer.
New Construction Roofing
Building from the ground up? You’ll want a reliable roofing contractor to design and install your roof. Working closely with your construction professionals, we consider the requirements of the structure’s framework before proposing a roofing solution. This crucial planning phase is followed by the execution, including manufacture and installation.
JB Roofing offers a complete re-roofing service. We tear-off the old roof, install the new one, and clean up, leaving no mess behind. This involves removing the old shingles entirely and inspecting the deck underneath for signs of rot or sagging. After any necessary repairs are completed, the new shingle layer can be applied. This takes more time and effort, but assures greater structural integrity for a long while.
Of course, not every roof issue warrants a full replacement. Repairs can fix the minor damage caused by weathering or accidents, adding years to your roof’s lifespan. While many homeowners choose DIY repairs, hiring professional help is much less of a hassle and tends to provide better results.
Gutter covers, screens, or filters allow rainwater to flow freely through while blocking the debris before it can clog things up. Keep out the leaves and twigs to make the gutters last longer!
Gutters need to be cleaned at least twice per year to stay fully functional. In the spring and in the fall, get expert roofing professionals to tackle this annoying task on your behalf.
Metal & Vinyl Siding
The siding panels of a building need to be tough, resilient, and visually appealing. Metal is a popular material, providing durability and strength in equal measure. Vinyl siding is a more flexible weather-resistant option with a very different texture.
The Types of Commercial Roofing Options Available for Businesses in Kalona, IA
Opening up a new business in Kalona, IA, is a significant challenge. First, you need to find a niche to serve and compete with others in the area and keep your building as strong as possible. To meet that end, you’ll need the best commercial roofing available in the area, picking a type based on your needs. Of course, these needs will also vary based on your business, such as your budget and building type.
But what kind of commercial roof installation is available for Kalona businesses like yours? Thankfully, the commercial roofing contractor options in the area can provide a surprising array of different roofing materials and designs that work the best for your needs. By understanding these options, you can create the high-quality business you want.
Roof Pitch Options – Which is Right for Your Needs?
Before choosing commercial roofing for your business, it is crucial to pick a slope that makes sense for your needs. This process will dictate much of the rest of your roofing situation and must be carefully considered. The three roof slope options include:
- Flat Business Roofs – While this option has become reasonably uncommon in today’s market, some may want this type of commercial roof installation. Flat roofs have the advantage of being quicker and more cost-effective, allowing you to open up your business faster. However, they are also the most accessible type to damage because they don’t handle pooling water very well. Therefore, they may not be the best choice for most businesses, though some may find that they work well for industrial facilities or various types.
- Low-Sloped Business Roofs – Companies that don’t have a lot of money to spend but don’t want a flat roof may find this option the best choice. It has a slight slope that takes water away from the roof more efficiently to prevent damage. This option helps to make it stronger and more resistant than flat roofs. They usually need fewer commercial roof repair steps and maintenance as well. That said, they can be damaged by heavy snowfall, which is a common issue for many Kalona-area businesses.
High-Pitched Business Roofs – These roofs are the best type for managing standing water and are common for many companies with a good amount of money. However, there are downsides as high-pitched roofs are usually more challenging to install, more dangerous to roofers to put up and maintain, and typically cost much more money. They are also more prone to maintenance and repair due to their pitch, though this maintenance may help minimize the need for total roof replacement.
Understanding these three slope options, which is the best for Kalona businesses? In all honesty, the commercial roofing that makes sense for you will vary based on your needs as a company. No single roof is suitable for all businesses and should be carefully chosen based on many factors, including:
- Cost – How much can you afford to pay for a roof? If you can’t afford much, a flat or low-pitched roof is probably your best option. Just be prepared to do some maintenance on it during wet seasons.
- Building Design – Some buildings may not have enough room for pitched roofs and may need flat options instead. Likewise, others may do best with a pitched roof to enhance its overall look.
- Branding Options – In some cases, you may find that flat roofs are better for your business because it helps you fit in with a simple brand or that pitched roofs create a homier look that customers enjoy.
Whatever option you choose here, it is essential to know what materials are used for your roof. There are many commercial roofing choices available for this situation, ensuring that business owners can pick the right type for their needs without difficulty or confusion.
Commercial Roofing Material Options – Which Do You Like?
Now that you understand the commercial roof slope options for your business, it is crucial to understand the different materials used in their construction fully. This process requires you to know more about the various options available to you and how they can be adjusted to meet your needs. These unique construction choices include the following three, though there are many more options:
- Metal Roofs – These types of retrofit roofs are very effective for commercial roof installation. They provide a strong exterior that should last for a very long time. While a bit more expensive than other types, they don’t need commercial roof repair nearly as much as the other options here.
- PVC Roofs – PVC is one of the most popular options because it is very resistant to fire and punctures, even more so than metal roofs. While it costs around the same amount or even more than some metal roofs, it is a good option for those businesses who need protection.
- TPO Roofs – In areas with heavy heat, these roofs are popular with commercial roofing contractors. They reflect heat away from a building and come in many styles for easier branding. However, they do tend to suffer more damage than other common types.
Other options you may want to consider include EPDM roofs, which are suitable for cooler areas that need protection from snow. Kalona, IA, businesses may find this option works well for their needs by keeping them well insulated and safe. However, the ultimate choice should vary according to your needs and may require a little assistance from experts to properly balance without challenge.
Make the Right Decision
Did you find a commercial roofing option here that makes the most sense for your Kalona business? Or are you torn between a few different options and aren’t sure where to turn? Whether you’re debating a flat roof or a pitched roof or deciding if metal or wood is suitable for your needs, it is essential to talk with a commercial roofing contractor who has your needs well in hand.
That’s where we at JB Roofing come into play. We provide commercial roof installation and commercial roof repairs for Kalona businesses. However, we also serve the surrounding area to offer a comprehensive option that works for many needs. So please don’t hesitate to contact us today to learn more.
Our team is always standing by to help out companies like you that aren’t sure where to turn. And we’ll do whatever it takes to make sure that your roof is strong and your business protected from the potential dangers of wind, rain, and storms.