We are your small town roofer! JB Roofing has been happily serving small towns around Kalona, Iowa since 2004. We are a roofing contractor with over twenty years of experience. Our services include a broad range of asphalt shingle and metal roofing applications, as well as tear-off and re-roofing procedures.
From new construction roofing to extensive repair and replacement, we do it all and do it well. No matter the size and scope of your project, JB Roofing is up to the task! Our rates are reasonable, and the quality of our workmanship is unmatched!
Need guidance with storm damage insurance claims? JB Roofing is willing and able to help!
Asphalt shingles set the standard for cost-effective and fully waterproof roofing materials. Composed of a fiberglass base layer and asphalt filler, they are commonly packaged and shipped in bundles, allowing for easy installation. They are a simple, efficient, and highly durable solution.
More expensive than shingle, metal roofing also lasts longer. It’s a substantial investment early on but pays for itself in the long run. Metal is also an excellent heat insulator, estimated to reduce energy costs by 15% in winter and 40% in summer.
New Construction Roofing
Building from the ground up? You’ll want a reliable roofing contractor to design and install your roof. Working closely with your construction professionals, we consider the requirements of the structure’s framework before proposing a roofing solution. This crucial planning phase is followed by the execution, including manufacture and installation.
JB Roofing offers a complete re-roofing service. We tear-off the old roof, install the new one, and clean up, leaving no mess behind. This involves removing the old shingles entirely and inspecting the deck underneath for signs of rot or sagging. After any necessary repairs are completed, the new shingle layer can be applied. This takes more time and effort, but assures greater structural integrity for a long while.
Of course, not every roof issue warrants a full replacement. Repairs can fix the minor damage caused by weathering or accidents, adding years to your roof’s lifespan. While many homeowners choose DIY repairs, hiring professional help is much less of a hassle and tends to provide better results.
Gutter covers, screens, or filters allow rainwater to flow freely through while blocking the debris before it can clog things up. Keep out the leaves and twigs to make the gutters last longer!
Gutters need to be cleaned at least twice per year to stay fully functional. In the spring and in the fall, get expert roofing professionals to tackle this annoying task on your behalf.
Metal & Vinyl Siding
The siding panels of a building need to be tough, resilient, and visually appealing. Metal is a popular material, providing durability and strength in equal measure. Vinyl siding is a more flexible weather-resistant option with a very different texture.
What Problems Cause Roofing Issues for Businesses? And Which Roof Repairs Can Help?
A business operation can be ended relatively quickly with a faulty roof, mainly if the damage spreads rapidly to other parts of your facility. And while roof repairs can help Kalona businesses get back on track, some may feel that they cannot afford these processes or are too far-reaching to execute appropriately.
Thankfully, roof repair in Kalona, IA, doesn’t have to set businesses like yours back too much money. That’s because you should be able to identify common roof damage types and use roof repair contractors to fix them for you. In this way, you can get the high-quality roof that you want and deserve.
Common Types of Roof Problems That May Need Roof Repairs
Roof health is often challenging for many companies to guarantee, mainly if they haven’t spent much time on top of their facility. That’s because many types of small damage types can occur and cause real issues to develop throughout a roof’s structure.
Thankfully, roof repair can help by providing long-term solutions to what can turn out to be short-term problems. By fully understanding these common issues, you can spot them on your roof and call a professional to repair them before they worsen. Just a few of the most common concerns include:
- Open Seams – This problem occurs along joined areas when the materials created the seams wears away. This simple problem is usually the most accessible type to fix and can often be done by business owners. Just add caulk or a similar sealant to the roof to keep it from getting damaged in any profound way.
- Punctures – This problem is precisely what its name suggests: a hole that appears on the roofing materials. The extent of the issue varies according to different factors, from the type of material to the nature of the puncturing object.
- Fastener Issues – The fasteners on your roof are critical for keeping various elements from breaking apart, such as your shingles. Without suitable fasteners, you’ll likely find many items falling off of your roof, so make sure you keep these items as strong as powerful to avoid serious issues.
- Ponding Problems – Your roof should have some type of slope to prevent water collection or ponding. However, many may find that this issue is harder to manage than they expected. For instance, businesses with flat roofs often have real ponding problems that require professional help.
- Blisters – Gas expansion (particularly during high-temperature seasons) may cause your shingles or other roofing materials to expand. When this happens, they are likely to bulge out, burst, or even break entirely. This issue causes serious problems that must be addressed and fixed ASAP.
- Caulk Damage – Caulk helps to keep various elements solid and secure on your roof and needs to be kept updated and strong to avoid serious problems. Unfortunately, your caulk may start to wear off over time, resulting in a need for various types of roof repair in Kalona.
All of these concerns are very serious and need roof repairs to manage. Unfortunately, without a good roof repair contractor, there’s a good chance that these minor concerns could rapidly spread throughout the rest of your roof and introduce unnecessary damage problems to the rest of your facility.
Types of Roof Repairs to Consider
Finding roof repair contractors who meet your needs requires understanding the various processes they utilize to enhance your building’s roofing. These steps are designed to be reasonably easy to understand and are usually handled by multiple professionals teams to minimize issues.
Just as significantly, these repairs are adjusted to be specific to certain types of repair scenarios. As a result, it should be easy to find roof repair in Kalona, making the most sense for your needs. Just a few options that you can consider in this situation include the following:
- Generalized Roof Repair – Most of your issues can be fixed with this step. It can handle shingle damage, problems with flashing, various concerns with your slopes, and much more. Just as importantly, this method helps minimize the potential for long-term damage as well.
- Debris Cleaning – Every so often, your office building or facility will need its roof cleaned. This process is beneficial because it eliminates various items that may linger on your roof and cause damage, such as limbs, pooling water, and other concerns that may develop on a roof.
- Roof Coatings – Sometimes, your roof may need an extra coating of various elements to keep it solid and secure. For example, multiple stains, paints, and sealants can be applied to roofs to not only stop leaks from worsening but minimizing the potential for long-term complications you’d otherwise experience.
- Walk Pad Installation – This rarely considered option is surprisingly beneficial for business owners because it can provide a long-term level of relief that’s hard to get otherwise. Essentially, it’s suitable for businesses where people walk along the roof to prevent damage to the underlying materials.
Other types of roof repairs that you need include upgrades to your chimney, protection against leaks along seams, and much more. These options are all simple to understand and are usually handled by most high-quality repair experts, usually without causing any confusion or agitation.
Just as importantly, you need to find roof repair contractors to trust to handle these steps for you. Most of the time, you’re not going to take these steps on your own. There’s simply too much that might go wrong that could make your roof repair in Kalona weak or unable to keep strong.
Therefore, you must find contractors who have your needs in mind, who fully understand the unique possibilities of your roofing, and who will do whatever it takes to make your roof strong. Doing so will prevent long-term damage to your building and avoid severe complications with its operation.
Don’t Neglect Your Roof
The many roof repairs available in Kalona, IA, mean that your business should not tolerate poor roofing one moment longer than average. Once you spot any of the issues mentioned above, it is vital to contact roof repair contractors who you can trust to do a great job on this essential task.
So please don’t hesitate to contact us at JB Roofing to learn more about how we can help you. We have served Kalona for many years and can provide the detailed help businesses like yours need. Our team will do whatever it takes to satisfy you and strive to offer near-perfection levels of work.